Leidos Software Developer in ABERDEEN, Maryland
We have a dynamic opportunity for Software Developers supporting the CECOM Software Engineering Center located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.* Using innovative technology and methodologies*, our team provides software support for post deployment (PDSS) and post production (PPSS) Army Mission Command systems.
We support a worldwide customer base by providing critical PDSS and PPSS support which encompasses Command & Control, Communications - Tactical (C3T) systems ensuring superiority in the air, land and maritime domains. We provide support in all stages of the system life cycle for all assigned MC systems including support to Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), software maintenance and emergency releases, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) releases in support of the Program Executive Office Command (PEO) C3T and Program Manager MC.
• Assist to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications.
• Work with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
• Support the engineering team to develop tools and interfaces; as well as design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
• Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
• Hands-on involvement to design embedded systems software.
At Leidos, we* offer *comprehensive benefits, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. We are motivated to hire and relocation assistance is available to well qualified candidates.
Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. Candidate without clearance will not be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or applicable engineering discipline; 3 years of additional related experience may be substituted for the degree.
2-4 years functional experience with C, C++, SQL, and Linux OS
Knowledge with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Experience with the Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Joint Capability Release (JCR), Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) and/or CPOF is preferred with understanding of the Network Operations Center (NOC), Lower TI, SEC lab architecture, IAVAM and PPSS processes.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.