Leidos Technical Writer- TS/SCI Polygraph Required in ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, Maryland
The Defense and Intelligence Division of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Technical Writer with a TS/SCI polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, MD to work in a dynamic environment and provide documentation support to users of mission management projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Technical Writer will be responsible for the creation of user documentation for several products within the Mission Management suite of tools. The candidate will gather, analyze, translate and compose technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. Documentation includes User’s Guides, training materials, FAQs, Wiki pages, Power Point slides, articles of interest, newsletters and more.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in document management and technical editing for programs or projects of similar complexity.
• Familiarity with creating tutorials, forums, how-to documents, and API documentation.
• 508 knowledgeable, validating alt-text for UI components; familiar with keyboard navigation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
• Work with developers and mission subject matter experts across multiple product teams.
• Define and drive content for product documentation including assessing and implementing content changes.
• Produce technical content for a wide range of audiences.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Experience in preparing documentation in a Confluence or in a Wiki environment is strongly desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.