Exelon Analyst, Credit Rsk in BALTIMORE, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Analyst position is in the Enterprise Credit Portfolio Group. Key responsibilities for the position include compiling/maintaining internal and external reports and metrics on our counterparty portfolio; performing daily margining activities and related reporting for our counterparties; supporting our wholesale and retail credit analyst with counterparty collateral needs; and providing support to the company’s liquidity analysis and collateral risk management processes. The group is also responsible for all credit system support. As a member of the credit organization, the analyst will need to develop an understanding of products offered by the Company (Power, Gas, Environmental, etc.) and the marketplace to properly support counterparty credit/collateral risk issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Compile and maintain internal and external reports/metrics presented to senior management and key stakeholders
Perform daily margining and reconciliation activities for our counterparties
Coordinate with the Credit and Treasury teams on counterparty collateral including cash, letters of credit and parental guarantees
Prepare daily, monthly, and ad hoc reports in support of margining and counterparty related activities
Project management responsibilities including supporting the coordination, maintenance, and implementation of improved reporting and functionality in credit/collateral systems and reports
Provide liquidity and collateral analysis support
• BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related degree
• Intermediate understanding of Mark to Market calculations and valuations of forward contract positions
• Knowledge of credit and risk management fundamentals.
• Understanding of financial and wholesale energy trading markets
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle multiple duties
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with commercial and functional partners, external counterparties, vendors, and senior level executives within Risk and Finance
• Must be self motivated and possess excellent time management skills
• Strong computer and spreadsheet modeling skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced energy commodity trading environment
• 1-3 years job experience in an accounting, finance, or credit related field
• Energy industry experience
• Basic understanding of Independent System Operators (ISO’s) and Commodity Exchanges (ICE, NYMEX, NODAL, and NASDAQ)
• Familiarity with computer coding languages; VBA, C , Java, MATLAB, SAS. Strong desire to advance knowledge
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools; PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau. Strong desire to advance knowledge
The Analyst position will be in the Enterprise Credit Portfolio Group. An incumbent is closely aligned with the business and functional leaders throughout the organization and is expected to foster and maintain strong working partnerships with their respective peers. This position requires interaction with Corporate Accounting, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Risk, and Commercial Businesses. The Credit Risk Analyst will:
• Support daily margining of over 350 active OTC counterparties and major Independent Systems Operators
• Compile and ensure accuracy of external and internal reporting, metrics, and disclosures
• Provide support to the company’s liquidity analysis and collateral management processes
• Prepare required materials and reports in support of credit portfolio reporting, liquidity analysis, collateral management, and margining responsibilities
• Maintain Risk data, system, and reporting integrity
• Participate in meetings with senior management on credit, collateral, and margining related projects
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Posterhttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Job Accounting & Finance
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Analyst, Credit Rsk
Requisition ID: 213772