Leidos Business Development Professional in BALTIMORE, Maryland
Leidos Civil Health Operation has an opening for a Junior Business Development Professional in Baltimore, MD.
It is our mission to improve the health status and safety of our nation’s citizens, soldiers and retirees by growing Leidos’ presence and delivery of systems integration, data analytics and health services to Commercial health markets, DoD, VA, HHS and other agencies engaged in health safety and care provision.
The Junior BD / Capture Manager identifies the resources needed to pursue a business opportunity; oversees bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies; and manages the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award.
_ Work in coordination with BD opportunity owners to:_
• Plan, document, and manage the internal and external capture project efforts
• Analyze the organization’s strategic plans and products align a marketing intelligence with win strategy
• Determine what the potential customer needs to fulfill the requirements of the opportunity
• Lead competition analysis in coordination with dedicated corporate resources who provide competition analysis
• Assess pricing strategy
• Ensure resources are engaged to generate a baseline and program plan for the proposal efforts
• Prepare a plan for the proposal development phase in coordination with corporate proposal teams
• Request, supervise, and collaborate strategies with the Proposal Manager
• Serve as primary point of contact between the proposal documentation team, the program office solution team, and the BD opportunity owner
• Monitor, review, and direct weekly proposal progress from a top-down management perspective, ensuring adherence to internal processes (Leidos Win Plan)
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Proposal Manager and Program regarding the strategy, proposal solution, and delivery of a winning proposal
• Manage development of the Executive Summary and other key proposal summaries
• Participate as an independent proposal evaluator in all major proposals reviews
• Lead and present BRRs, BARs, and other internal capture/proposal review and approval gates
BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience
Must have healthcare experience
Business development experience in government contracting arena with demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
Aptitude for milestone/EPP process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
Ability to travel as needed
- Technical background or business operational experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.