SMG Changeover Crew - PT in Baltimore, Maryland
GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for an individual seeking a career in Operations JOIN our team as an important member of one of the Nation's Premier Sports & Entertainment Venues. With over 55 years of top name talent gracing our stage, this is an extraordinary hands on opening to work where sports figures and teams have left their blood, sweat and tears of victory right on our very floor. A member of the Operations Crew is primarily responsible for the changeover in the Arena bowl from one event to another. Additionally, a member of the Operations Crew may be involved in other aspects of building maintenance to include painting, trash disposal, lawn & hedge care, snow removal, furniture moving, etc. This responsibility requires physical labor and heavy lifting and therefore has lifting requirements. The Operations Crew is a vital component of the Arena in responding to the needs of promoters and clients -- a positive attitude and a positive appearance are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loading and unloading of supplies and materials.
Setting up/breaking down of chairs, risers, floor covers, show equipment, etc. to meet the needs of each event and promoter.
Maintaining outside grounds including parking areas, dumpsters, garage, entrances and plaza area
- Snow removal of outside parking areas and entrances.
- Operating motorized equipment including forklifts, scrubbers, skid loaders, cushman carts, vacuums, etc.
- Responding to promoter/clients needs as directed.
- Cleaning of Arena and/or equipment to maintain orderliness and attractiveness.
- Related duties as assigned.
As this position is classified Essential Personnel, mandatory overtime may be required. Additionally, an employee may be required to work before and/or after regularly scheduled shift and/or work through breaks and lunch-time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner. Work flexible shifts, including nights, weekend and holidays depending on event schedule.
- Ability to work under deadlines dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled