Johns Hopkins Medicine Clinic Manager, JHOC Clinic - Dermatology in Baltimore, Maryland
REFER A FRIEND
Clinic Manager, JHOC Clinic - Dermatology
Requisition #: 169747
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System,
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 17, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The position is responsible for the operation and daily supervision of clinical and non-clinical personnel in the Dermatology clinics at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (JHH). The Clinic Manager will be responsible for assuring the smooth flow of patients and paperwork, managing the administrative staff, managing the clinic related revenue processes and refining operations to improve patient, family, and employee satisfaction. Special focus is required for faculty, staff and patient satisfaction.
Full-time, Day Shift
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center, Baltimore, MD
Pay Grade: MG
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
Three to five years in a clinical setting, with some prior practice management and/or supervisory experience.• Thorough understanding of practice management in a managed care environment; knowledge of third party insurance and general managed care concepts.
• Knowledge of the medical office environment, including the general work flow of appointment scheduling, registration, and billing.
• Knowledge of computer systems, including general business software such as word processing and spreadsheet analysis. Knowledge of EPIC and Charge Capture programs preferred.
• Ability to lead effectively and interact with a wide variety of levels of people in a variety of settings.
• Mature judgment and a high level of motivation and professionalism.
• Analytical ability necessary to evaluate effectiveness of operating procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
• Leadership skill to follow through on assignments, holds self and others accountable for assigned tasks and projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary setting to achieve goals.
• Ability to prioritize and pursue multiple tasks in tandem.
• Ability to represent department effectively at institutional level meetings and with outside entities.
• Creative ability to conceptualize and plan future direction of clinic activities.
• Financial skills necessary to plan and manage budgets, project income, and appropriately control expenses.
"Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus"
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.