Solutions By Design II, LLC MySQL DBA in Baltimore, Maryland
The MySQL DBA will be responsible for helping drive all of our database-related capabilities to fulfill the overall product vision. This position will serve as the technical resource for database engineering principles and will take part in a variety of design, architecture and hands on implementations tasks to help ensure consistency and long-term integrity of the customer developed system platform.
- Develop and maintaining database structures, database functions, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes, data extracts.
- Testing and analyzing databases, including operations.
- Understand and test database designs (including schemas, tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, etc.) and operational procedures.
- Verifying procedures to support application requirements and other analyses.
- Verifying automation using Unix based scripts (e.g. shell, Perl) for data processing and data loading.
- Verifying design and implementation of role-based security to meet requirements.
- Verifying systems operations including performing migrations into production environments.
- 5+ years of experience as MySQL DBA.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a virtual hosted environment.
- 1 - 3 years of Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
- 1+ years’ experience of working with Relational Database Service (RDS) in AWS including Key Management Service (KMS).
- 1+ years’ experience with data replication tools, preferably Database Migration Service (DMS) in AWS.
- Hands on experience working with personal health information (PHI) and personally identifiable information (PII)
- Must be tool agnostic with the ability to apply DBA concepts across a variety of DBMS environments.
- Experience implementing and maintaining the physical database environment to include but not limited to tables, indexes, and views.
- Experience in optimizing and performance tuning database processes
- Experience in application of data normalization and denormalization as applicable.
- Experience in testing, debugging, and diagnosing database activities
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Strong database design skills.
- Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Experience devising and implementing DBMS storage strategies.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only minimal general direction.
- Must be able to analyze user needs to determine functional requirements.
- Performs functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships identifying resources required for each task.
- Experience devising and enforcing database management plans and associated policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass the Client’s background check
- Working on a large team (50+)
- Experience with large data volume systems (approximately 30,000 concurrent users)
- Possesses data architecture best-practice experience from other Federal agencies
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Federal Enterprise Architecture programs (principles, concepts, transition strategies) at multiple Federal government agencies, with a specific emphasis on data architectures.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Experience developing or integrating APIs and web services.
- Experience working with frameworks.
- Experience with Agile processes.
- Experience with cloud hosting environments.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Location: Baltimore, MD, United States
Date Posted: 10-12-2018