Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP Proposal Development Specialist in Baltimore, Maryland
We are seeking a highly-motivated Proposal Development Specialist to assist with creating proposals, qualification statements, and general marketing collateral for professional transportation engineering services. This person will work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment under the direction of senior managers.
- Manage, develop, and produce professional services responses for federal, state, and local agencies.
- Tailor project descriptions, personnel resumes, and other materials to support winning proposals.
- Write and edit proposal and presentation materials for readability, clarity, tone of voice, consistency, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and formatting.
- Write technical copy for transportation related proposals and marketing material.
- Develop effective methods for presenting and organizing proposal information, such as the use of infographics, tables, and images.
- Coordinate artwork for proposals, shortlist presentations, and brochures.
- Coordinate with external consultant firms during proposal development.
- Assist with document management of resumes and project descriptions for expedited refinement and proposal integration.
- Research and track business opportunities.
- Foster productive and rewarding working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) skills.
- A strong and clear professional communication style with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and edit clear, user-friendly technical documents and creative copy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with strict deadlines.
- Superb multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, handle multiple tasks, and identify and swiftly solve problems.
- Self-motivation, confidence, energy, and creativity.
- Effective time management skills and good judgment.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or associated field desired.
- Knowledge of A/E/C industry and specifically transportation engineering terminology.
- Experience with SF330 and SF254/255 proposals.
- Knowledge of Mid-Atlantic DOT procurement requirements.
Benefits: WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer: Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Number of Openings: 1
Attached Document: No documents attached for this position
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Baltimore, MD
Position Title: Proposal Development Specialist
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience: 5+