Solutions By Design II, LLC QA/508 Test Engineer in Baltimore, Maryland
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a QA/508 Test Engineer to join our team in support of our healthcare customer. The QA/508 Test engineer is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, 508 compliance, compliance with Health and Human Services (HHS) usability standards, and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
As part of an Agile Scrum team, duties for this position include planning, designing, developing, documenting, and executing manual and automated testing custom developed applications. The ideal candidate is comfortable with being the sole tester on a high-performance team with shifting priorities. The candidate also can adapt test automation frameworks to suit project needs. Applicant can expect to work with the business customers (e.g., supporting UAT or use testing during a sprint) and agile teams. This position is best suited for an applicant that can lead, manage, and execute all phases of quality assurance testing, including analysis of requirements, design specification, to produce and execute test scripts mapped to use cases and/or user stories.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Create clear, concise detail-oriented test plans/cases.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Liaison with development, help desk support, and user engagement teams to assist with troubleshooting.
- Support all aspects of user acceptance testing by the primary customer and/or users.
Required Knowledge, Technical Skills and Ability:
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Extensive software development lifecycle experience specifically with an Agile Scrum team
- Knowledge of and experience with testing for 508 compliance and usability standards
- Knowledge and experience with automated test tools such as Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with application life cycle tools such as JIRA
- Experience with specific tools that facilitate Section 508 compliance and other testing such as JAWS
- Experience working with query, requirements/configuration management, and defect tracking tools like JIRA, etc.
- Experience with Open Source Build Tools like Jenkins
Desired / Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working on a large team (50+)
- Experience support system modernization project
- Experience writing software test cases/scripts, explaining test results, and analyzing requirements for testable outcomes
- Experience coordinating work against schedules, and providing guidance and direction as required preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data migration testing and verification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Desired Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Preferred: Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTALTM) Certification
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Location: Baltimore, MD, United States
Date Posted: 10-12-2018