MAXIMUS Quality Assurance Manager in Baltimore, Maryland
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing quality control, quality assurance, and continual process improvement. This position will develop and oversee the Quality Assurance department to effectively ensure all contractual client requirements are met.
• Develop and oversee an effective quality management system to continuously identify opportunities for improvement while maintaining adherence to contract driven key performance requirements
• Manage and lead team of quality analysts and specialists by developing and mentoring staff, and ensuring effective communication of quality approach and standards
• Establish standards governing customer interactions and implement monitoring programs
• Design training programs or process enhancements that correct quality issues
• Manage internal and external client expectations related to quality management and effectively communicate MAXIMUS quality standards across the program
• Monitor all operations and related metrics for conformance with internal, external, contract performance, and quality standards
• Schedule and coordinate all of the quality and performance monitoring activities of the quality staff across the program
• Aggregate and analyze quality data and suggest methods for improving quality, design and business processes
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
• At least five (5) years of related experience required
• At least three (3) years of leadership experience required
• Previous experience reporting directly to a Program Manager/Project Director/Project Manager required
• Experience performing Quality Assurance work on applications, appeals, invoices, change request forms, and fund recovery requests
• Experience processing and reviewing work to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded
• Experience ensuring Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and any additional metrics are met or exceeded
• Previous experience in Quality Assurance roles required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
• Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new concepts
• Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and put it into practice
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client:
• United States Citizenship
Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Requisition ID: 2018-34265
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 7275 Windsor Blvd.