Solutions By Design II, LLC Solution Architect in Baltimore, Maryland
SBD is looking for a talented senior level Solution Architect for our Health IT client. The ideal candidate should have hands-on agile development and DevOps experience in a cloud environment (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.). They should have practical experience architecting, designing, and deploying microservices-based software solutions in a continuous delivery / continuous integration (CD/CI) environment.
- Develop overall enterprise and solution architecture within customer enterprise constraints / requirements
- Lead the delivery of end-to-end project architecture decisions and deliverables
- Identify and select tools and technologies to integrate into the solution, including a wide variety of open source technologies and tools into the solution
- Assists with the development of artifacts and conducts analyses on existing enterprise architecture artifacts
- Prepares Technical Review Board (TRB) artifacts for team and customer
- Rationalize, articulate, and defend microservices-centric architectures over alternative architectures
- Define developer standards required such as code management, processes/ procedures
- Convert functional and non-functional requirements into architecture constituting the blueprint for solution
- Conduct analysis of alternatives and support/design proof-of-concepts to ensure appropriate architecture runway to support project milestones
- Document architecture via diagrams and other required documents/ files
- Plans technical requirements to transition design into working solution
- Leads project design phase and participates to verify design is installed, configured, and documented correctly
- During implementation, helps project team recognize and mitigate risks to business processes or solution success
- Primary client interface for technical solution description
- Mentors development team on adhering to enterprise-based standards
- Contribute to architecting and designing of security into the system, spanning all relevant system components.
- Liaise with other contractors
The Solution Architect will be part of a large, high performing agile team building a new mission critical enterprise web-enabled business application serving the needs of millions of users. This includes the design, development, test, and implementation of new functionalities including migration of data from the legacy system.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 12+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 7+ years of proven IT leadership including technical and project management of diverse teams for full lifecycle delivery of enterprise IT solutions
- Expertise in leading teams using Agile development methodologies
- 1+ years Microservices solution experience
- 2+ years DevOps experience in a cloud environment
- 3+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Agile team management via scrum of scrums
- Manages and mentors technical team
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledgeable in modern application development (Ex: 12-factor application) methodologies, IaaS, PaaS, and CaaS, branching strategies, continuous integration/delivery models, Site Reliability Engineering or Cloud Operations, Automated Configuration Management, and Microservices architecture and DevOps practices.
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Prior experience supporting very large scale and complex customer environments.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Familiar with wide-range of COTS and open source tools
- Experience supporting system accreditation such as using NIST-800-53, FIPS-199 standards.
- Experience in developing and operating systems at scale / production / performing tuning.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Location: Baltimore, MD, United States
Date Posted: 10-12-2018