Marriott Payrolled Flex Staff (NE) FLEX Accounting/Finance Manager - Accepting Applications in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 1800288Z
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This is a temporary position. It is part-time (25 hrs/wk) and slated to run from date of hire through 8/10/19.
The Manager, FLEX Finance is responsible for the FLEX department budgets and monthly financial activities and reporting. This position will partner closely with the HR Financial Business Partners and MBS. The Manager, FLEX Finance supports the FLEX department leaders in managing each department budget, completing department forecasting monthly, and reconciling financials monthly.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related major.
• 4 years’ experience in the business, finance, management operations, or related professional area.
• Knowledgeable of Marriott Financial processes and MBS practices.
• Ability to work with and influence a wide range of cross-functional work teams and leaders within the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral.
• Able to analyze complex financials and problem solve in the best interest of the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint applications.
• Knowledge of Financial applications and processes.
• Strong service orientation.
• Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision; applies past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems, able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
• Good decision making skills – able to recognize and research a problem, and to identify its component parts, causes and cost impact.
• Able to build and maintain key internal customer and external client relationships by analyzing client needs through soliciting, evaluating and acting on client feedback.
• Ability to coordinate with other internal departments.
• Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Reconcile financials for the department using research methods to identify and solve problems.
• Actively partner with Financial Business Partners to manage the department budget(s) and forecast(s).
• Provide monthly financial summaries and reports for department head regarding operational costs and cost recovery.
• Create cost models for FLEX leaders to use to accurately scope projects to recover related costs.
• Produce labor reports as represented in available tools for Learning department leadership.
• Write/run PeopleSoft queries to research and monitor P&L activity.
• Respond to property inquiries regarding charges from Vendor Management System (VMS) to Property P&L and OFB billing.
• Reconcile/Research payments to temporary labor providers from VMS.
• Review and ensure accuracy for multi-million dollar invoice consolidations, incorporating discount fees and other nuances.
• Review and approve payments to VMS provider on a monthly basis.
• Train OFB properties on VMS queries in order to manually post temp labor activity to their P&L.
• Assist with annual Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) forecasts to estimate EY costs for budget purposes and presentation to audit committee.
• Distribute earned tax credits to properties on a monthly basis.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Practices accurate financials processes and procedures and good accounting principles.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.
• Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
• Represents team in resolving situations.
• Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.