Commander, Navy Installations Recreation Assistant in Bethesda, Maryland
Incumbent is assigned to one or more specialized recreational activities such as Fitness/Athletics, Youth Activities.
Learn more about this agency
Performs and/or assists in the operation of the recreation activity. Based on established policies, incumbent carries out assigned phases of designated activity applying an understanding of the interest and needs of the program participants. Typical assignments may include: establishing schedules of events; applying rules and regulations in supervising assigned youth participants in indoor and outdoor activities; setting up gymnasiums and playing fields for sports events; scheduling and conducting tours and field trips. Demonstrates procedures common to the activities, and instructs in the use of related equipment. Conducts instructional classes in the recreational area. Helps to plan and coordinates details of recreational activities and maintains related supplies,. Assist in planning, scheduling and publicizing various activities to attract and motivate participants. May oversee sale of retail items associated with activities. Ensures adherence to safety rules and regulations. Performs other related duties assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- This position may be designated ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused.
- This position is subject to the possibility of working on weekends and holidays, as well as rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours.
- The staff member may be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, as necessary to meet mission requirements.
- The incumbent must obtain and maintain the Access National Agency Check with Inquiries (ANACI) security clearancw with no access to classified information and must remain suitable for continued employment in National Security positions.
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. http://www.sss.gov
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period. Selectee is required to participate in the direct deposity pay program.
One to two years experience in a related recreational activity.
Due to Command policy on employee parking, employment does not guarantee a parking space on the installation. Metro is highly encouraged.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. To request spousal preference, please state so on resume and submit a copy of current PCS orders. Failure to submit current PCS orders with application will prevent spousal preference from being granted.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: Applicants wishing to use veteran’s preference must state on their resume and submit a copy of their DD-214. These documents may be uploaded to www.usajobs.gov with resume and OF 306 (Declaration for Federal Employment).
SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENT:If you are a male born after December 31, 1959 and at least 18 years of age, employment law (5 U.S.C. 3328) requires that you must register with the Selective Service System (military draft), unless you meet certain exemptions. If applicable, failure to register will prevent you from being considered for employment. To register, please visit the Selective Service web site at https://www.sss.gov/default.htm.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All selections are contingent upon obtaining satisfactory employment reference checks. We are an E-Verify participant. As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official work information and data and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
The Department of the Navy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact our Human Resource Office to ensure that the Department of the Navy can consider such requests. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case by case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants must submit their resume, questionnnarie and any supporting documents. Applicants who fail to provide their resume and questionnaire will be disqualified from further consideration.Completed documents can be submitted with resume on USAJOBS.
Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills and abilities will be used for each application.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Drug test required
- Required Documents
APPLICATION FORMS - A complete packet of the following forms must be submitted for each position applying for:
- Resume (Please be sure your resume includes your email address, phone number, name of employer(s), job title(s), dates employed, description of job duties or responsibilities in each position, and any additional information relevant to your work/volunteer/education/internship experiences.)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Flexible positions: guaranteed 0 - 40 hours/week; benefits offered: none
All non-appropriated fund (NAF) employees are federal government Department of Defense employees, and as such, have access to CNIC sponsored employee assistance program, access to MWR facilities and discounts, and mass transit benefit program.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Complete Resume.
- Other supporting documentation as required. Please see the "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS"section and review the applicant checklist link to determine if there are other documents you are required to submit.
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Agency contact information
Commander, Navy Installations Command 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bldg 153, Rm 145 Bethesda, MD 20889 USA
Learn more about this agency
Before submitting your resume and supporting documents, please review this checklist:
- Military Spousal Preference form* (if applicable)*
- Any other supporting documentation
All applicants will be notified regarding their status. Applicants will either be contacted for an interview or sent a letter of non-selection 4 - 6 weeks after announcement closing date. If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 3 - 4 weeks after their interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510804500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/13/2018 to 09/30/2018
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Salary: $14 to $14 per hour 1 Flexible Position Available - Fitness Center, NSA Bethesda.
Appointment type: Intermittent - Flexible: 0-40 hrs/wk; no benefits
Work schedule: Intermittent - Flexible: 0-40 hrs/wk; no benefits