Pegasystems, Inc. Vice President, Public Sector Sales in Bethesda, Maryland
As the head of public sector sales in North America, you will build, manage, and coach a world class sales organization. You will own the overall strategic plan and execution necessary to drive consistent YoY revenue growth by acquiring new governmental agencies and expanding Pega’s footprint in an already impressive customer base. Your team of Sales Executives will teach your customers new perspective while challenging assumptions to ensure they adapt to the growing demands of their customers.
Selling at Pega provides access to market-leading technology, uncapped earning potential and the world’s most innovative organizations as referenceable clients. We challenge companies to rethink the way they do business and empower them to become more efficient, smarter, and most importantly customer-centric.
In this role, you will:
- Drive revenue growth in North America at a rate greater than 20% per year
- Implement and execute successful sales strategies and methodologies within the public sector sales organization
- Manage a team of Sales Directors selling into defined government accounts
- Support the execution of business plans through collaboration with the business line leaders and industry experts
- Ensure alignment with sales, sales consulting, implementation resources, marketing, and alliances
- Analyst acclaimed, industry leading software products
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- The culture, meritocracy, and growth potential of a start-up with the resources, stability, and tenure of a well-established organization
- Market leading salary + uncapped commission targets, and exceptional equity in the company
You are a proven senior sales leader with extensive knowledge of federal and state goverments and proven ability to lead a large multi-level team of executives and sales management to consistent YoY results. You develop your sales team and sales leadership to constantly overachieve their goals and exceed revenue expecations, while leveraging internal and exterternal resources effectively and efficiently to ensure mutual success of the company, your customers, and their customers.
You can enable and build a team that develops strong multi-level relationships with their customers based upon adding value as opposed to appeasing immediate tension with a short term solution. You believe a sales organization should intentionally create constructive disruption, helping customers to understand the urgency and impact of a new behavior, so you can proactively guide them through change.
Qualifications will include:
- 10 – 15 years of software sales management experience with more than five years as a second line manager
- Deep knowledge and proven success selling into public sector and government agencies
- Demonstrated achievement of consistent results to drive revenue growth
- Exceptional business acumen in software and government agenciesProven ability to successfully frame winning deals and negotiate against competitors
We believe leadership is about pushing great people to be better. –Pega Value: High Performance
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice