Geico Sr Appl Technology Architect in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Sr Appl Technology Architect
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/8366/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Information Technology at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/information-technology-opportunities-at-geico-19
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Are you ready to be part of an innovative team? If so, read on!
The Digital Claims team is seeking a strong .NET Senior Architect with a passion for design and architecture to transform our business through technology and truly give GEICO a competitive advantage.
Qualified candidates will have at least 5-10 years of experience designing and building applications in Microsoft-based technologies . A strong understanding of object oriented development, use of design patterns, and system architecture is required.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading an architecture program and implementing change along with establishing best practices. They should also be able to align architectural decisions while keeping in mind functional, non-functional (performance, security, scalability, stability, integration) and operational aspects (maintainability, operability, availability) to obtain desired business outcomes.
Required qualifications & job duties:
• Design, develop and implement high quality .NET applications using Scrum
• Design scalable solutions to integrate applications across channels
• Define and refine software development practices, standards and quality approaches
• Create and maintain scalable .NET frameworks
• Proactively work and communicate across external teams to implement solutions
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
• Create proof of concept (POC) models to test potential new approaches
• Proven ability to mentor and coach other developers
• Experience in migrating applications to Cloud
• Experience in designing, developing and deploying applications to Cloud
• Maintain knowledge of current and merging tools, technologies, solutions and methodologies
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.