Enterprise Community Parnters 18:PAR-042: Program Officer- Research & Analytics in Columbia, Maryland
Enterprise is a proven and powerful nonprofit that improves communities and people’s lives by making well-designed homes affordable. Enterprise recently launched the Opportunity360 platform – an innovative platform designed to provide actionable intelligence for community partners engaged in building inclusive, well-designed communities. The Knowledge, Impact and Strategy (KIS) department at Enterprise drives knowledge building at Enterprise and across the affordable housing industry, uses data to inform community development strategies, and demonstrates the impact of Enterprise’s work in communities across the country.
Program Officer will play a critical role on the KIS Research & Analytics team to support our rapidly expanding Opportunity360 program, help our internal and external partners become better users and consumers of data, provide insights into changing neighborhood and regional conditions, and help build visually engaging interactive and web-based data tools.
The Program Officer must have a strong command of data analysis methods and familiarity with key research issues in the housing and neighborhood development fields. They must be able to manage projects, oversee the work of data analysts, and provide technical and data methods expertise to other Enterprise departments and outside organizations.
Data methods and analysis expertise*
Serve as data analysis methods expert and advisor on topics related to a broad range of housing and community development issues.
- Provide technical support in the form of consultations, research, data analysis, reports, mapping and visualization products.
- Develop interactive data tools in Tableau and other mapping/data visualization platforms.
- Help manage and respond to ad hoc requests for information from Enterprise staff and our organizational partners.
- Lead and implement efficiency improvements, including automation of general data processes.
- Create and maintain proper documentation for key processes.
- Support the full life-cycle of Enterprise’s research and analysis projects, including scoping and design, client management, data collection and analysis process, documentation, and data presentation.
- Oversee tasks and final products of analysts, and perform quality assurance monitoring.
- Manage contracts and relationships with third-party consultants and data providers.
- Coordinate and ensure smooth communication between team members and different project stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and report on milestones.
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in city planning, public policy, management, economics, geography, statistics, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience, ideally with experience managing or coordinating project teams.
- Knowledge of community development and/or housing issues, urban economics, demographics and/or real estate development, as well as common datasets and measurement techniques from the Census, HUD, and other common sources.
- Strong command of methods in statistical analysis, spatial and demographic analysis, and data processing, with a commitment to data integrity.
- Must be proficient in Excel and adept at using a range of other data manipulation software, mapping platforms, and programming languages (i.e. ArcGIS, Tableau, STATA, R, Python, leaflet, mapbox, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, and/or Access).
- Experience visually representing quantitative information through maps, charts, and graphics, as well as developing interactive visualizations (e.g. in Tableau, Shiny, d3.js, processing, etc.)
- Experience using relational databases and/or geodatabases.
- Some knowledge of multivariate cluster analysis or machine learning techniques preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to translate client needs into an actionable scope of work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, with experience interpreting and communicating data.
- Must value a collaborative work environment, and some experience working with virtual teams (colleagues across multiple offices) is desired.
- Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects moving at once and changing client needs.
- Ability to collaborate and to give and receive feedback in a constructive, respectful manner.
- Curiosity, desire for self-improvement, and excitement about sharing new skills and knowledge.
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Department: Knowledge, Impact, Strategy
Location: Columbia, Maryland