Leidos Junior Software Engineer TS/SCI Polygraph clearance Required in COLUMBIA, Maryland
The Cyber and SIGINT Solution Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Individual will be responsible for developing new analytics using the customer’s corporate infrastructure. The position will require using a development process to include initial capability creation, testing, collaboration with analysts, documentation, software modifications, incorporation into visualization tools, and supporting the migration of the analytic from development servers to production servers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: The candidate must have:
• At least 2 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
• At least 1 year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
· Must have solid experience with Java
· Must have understanding of Map Reduce
· Experience developing analytics using Hadoop and Map Reduce is preferred
· Experience developing analytics with Pig is a plus
· Experience with Python is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.