FLIR Systems UIS Business Development Manager-Americas in Elkridge, Maryland
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Systems is seeking a motivated, energetic and technically savvy business development manager to join our Integrated Solutions Business Development / Sales team. This individual will be responsible for increasing the company’s sales and market share in North America (US and Canada). The team member will be expected to grow the business by developing and executing pursuit strategies for FLIR solutions in the territory as well as manage existing customers. Candidate will work to anticipate future customer requirements and needs and provide feedback and insight to the Product Management and Engineering Teams. Candidate will also work closely with Program Management to ensure the opportunities pipeline is being effectively managed. A readiness to collaborate with the domestic and international teams and a focus on understanding the end user requirements and gaining market intelligence is essential for said position.
Job Summary: Candidate will work across FLIR Systems to tailor and sell solutions to customers—whether portable, mobile or fixed ground-based technology. Solutions will include the integration of different technologies/products including C2 software, communications equipment, ISR / CBRNE sensors, and infrastructure components to satisfy mission requirements in the areas of Border & Coastal Security, Perimeter/Infrastructure Protection, and Force Protection.
Area of Responsibility: United States and Canada.
Duties and responsibilities for this role:
• Promote, develop and conclude the sales of FLIR Systems’, ground portable, mobile and fixed technology.
• Manage the sales process with an emphasis on predictable growth and success in programmatic business development.
• Lead the proposal process across FLIR and with other strategic partners in ground pursuits.
• Travel up to 50% in the territory to complete the sales objectives (110 to 130 travel days).
• Support FLIR’s timely responses to RFQ’s, RFPs, demo requests, and information requests.
• Work collaboratively with International and Domestic end user Business Development teams.
• Coordinate with the applications engineering group on ensuring our customers are fully supported in all technical requirements.
• Develop intelligence on competitors in the marketplace, anticipate trends and future requirements.
• Host customer visits to FLIR Systems facilities.
• Provide timely reporting of sales forecast activities.
• Candidate must be able to work independently. In addition, have the ability to multi-task at a fast pace while retaining a strong level of attention to detail.
• At least 5+ years of strategic selling experience, with strong emphasis on large pursuits and complex requirements in DHS or DOD
• Experience in selling portable, mobile, and fixed EO/IR sensors, radars, weapons sites, or other technically complex equipment to DHS customers and their System Integrators (SI).
• A college degree in business, engineering, or related field is required.
• Key ability to convey complex information in simple and easy to understand customer presentations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience in accurately forecasting sales utilizing a CRM tool such as Dynamics or SalesForce is a must.
The preferred candidate will reside in the Baltimore/Washington DC area, have extensive DHS and/or DOD experience with ground-based technology and its applications. In addition, the favored candidate will have developed relationships with DHS/DOD organizations that procure similar type solutions.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems.
FLIR Systems offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides for a challenging career and the ability to achieve professional growth. It is the talent of our employees that sets us apart as the technology and market leader in the infrared community.