Leidos Countermeasures Engineer in FORT GEORGE G. MEADE, Maryland
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Countermeasures Engineer on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance Team embedded with DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD.
The Countermeasures Engineer will serve on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance Team embedded with DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD under TO29. The Countermeasures Engineer is primarily engaged in the ingestion of indicators of compromise (IOC), triage of events, network analysis, threat detection, trend analysis, countermeasure actions, and effectiveness of countermeasures.
• Directs and tracks enterprise countermeasure actions as well as measures the effectiveness of countermeasures on an ongoing basis.
• Collaborates with other team members and participates on weekly meetings on countermeasure actions, to include regular cycle and emergency blocks and unblocks.
• Coordinates with ArcSight Subject Matter Experts to create content in the ArcSight Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to validate mitigations incorporated into the DoDIN defense policy.
• Process indicators of compromise (IOC) and provide vetting before implementation onto the DISA tools.
• Coordinates and engages in meetings with the Cyber Situational Awareness Analytic Capabilities (CSAAC) Fight by Indicator (FbI) engineers as part of countermeasure sophistication and modernization efforts.
• Conduct training with Cyber Partners on countermeasure tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) and provide subject matter expertise on DISA's defensive cyber operations (DCO) tools at the Tier 1 Boundary.
• BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience, additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) with the ability to obtain CND-A certification within 180 days of start date.
• Hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Hold a proficient understanding in Cyber Defense (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
• Be proficient and knowledgeable of Defense-in-Depth and how it is implemented into a global, multi-tiered network infrastructure across multiple networks.
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.