Leidos Information System Security Officer in FORT GEORGE G. MEADE, Maryland
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Officer to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected candidate will act as the primary Information System Security Officer for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). He/she will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. He/she will analyze threats and develop and implement best practices methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
• Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
• Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
• Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs , network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
• Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
• Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
• Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
• Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
• Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
• Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
• Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
• Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, or related discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of relevant experience as an Information Systems Security Officer. Three years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. minimum of (8) years of experience).
• DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher is required.
• Five (5) years of experience with Defense in Depth principles/technology, including access control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, and network and enterprise security architecture.
• Five (5) years of experience applying risk assessment methodology to system development.
• Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy, including business impact.
• Experience preparing security plans for using an enterprise-wide security architecture that includes the design of cryptographic solutions.
• Experience developing integrated security services management, including assessing and auditing, network penetration testing, anti-virus planning, risk analysis, and incident response.
• Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
• Experience providing evaluation, review, and testing of security code.
• Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
• Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Past or current experience working as an ISSO on a government contract.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with: current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.