Defense Information Systems Agency FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Fort Meade, Maryland
This position is being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts. DISA has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions of the position to be filled.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical and functional support for budget programs assigned to the team.
- Provides budgetary services to customers through all phases of programming and budgeting processes.
- Interprets, formulates, dissesminates, and implements program and budget guidance, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and implements programming and budgeting approaches and plans to support complex, rapidly changing customer requirements with little historical data and multi-million dollar regional.
- Reviews the organization strategic, functional operating and performance plans and develops command budget estimate information and phased execution plans that support goals and strategies.
- Coordinates directly with higher headquarters, other installations, the sbuordinate activity, program directors and functional personnel on financial and budgetary matters.
- Develops funded programs and unfinanced requirements and decrements in various budget execution reviews.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
For the GS-05, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-04 if outside the Federal service, is required.
**Specialized experience is defined as experience gathering, assembling, and analyzing facts, drawing conclusions and conducting analyses, developing and maintaining reports and utilizing budget systems to complete tasks.
For the GS-07, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-05 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience in financial management, finance, or budget-related work reviewing and preparing budgetary justifications, performing budget formulation phase functions, analyzing facts, and utilizing automated budget systems to complete tasks. Also, experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to analyze problems and develop solutions.**
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
Qualifications must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
GS-05 (2-grade interval) Substitution of Education for Experience: Four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
GS-07 (2-grade interval) Substitution of Education for Experience: One full year of graduate level education or Superior Academic Achievement (http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp) may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
- This notice is issued under the Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts, Section 1110 of the national Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017.
- Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Direct-Hire Authority (DHA).
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- This position is subject to completion of 1 year probationary period for assignment to a supervisory position.
- Management has the prerogative to select at either grade level.
- This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to target position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. However promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of a promotion is implied.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs are NOT paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives are NOT authorized.
- This is a Financial Management Level 2 Certified position. IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy the incumbent shall comply with the requirements of DoD FM Certification Program.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Finance
- Decision Support
- Financial Management Analysis
- Financial Management Systems
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here:
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AS THEY APPLY STATED BELOW AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
- Transcripts - (If applicable) This position has positive education requirements; You must submit all of your transcripts. The absence of this information will result in an ineligible rating.
- Military Spouse Preference (if applicable) Copy of spousal travel orders providing eligibility.
Your complete Application Package (containing the above required documents) must be received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on TAG:Closing Date.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by the closing date of the announcement at 11:59 EST, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
- Your Resume NOTE: Your resume must include the following information for each job listed: Job title; duties (be as detailed as possible); month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008); and full- time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
- A complete Assessment Questionnaire
- Other required supporting documents: (SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS)
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. 1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents. 2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application. 3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
Agency contact information
DISA - FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE Apply Online Indianapolis, IN US
Learn more about this agency
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon your score, you may be referred to the hiring official. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview. You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks). For any further questions please contact: TAG: Contact Name Phone: TAG:Contact Phone Email: TAG:Contact E-mail
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499555900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/15/2018 to 05/25/2018
Salary: $56,233 to $73,105 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 5 - 7
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent