AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Materials Specialist-Operations in Frederick, Maryland
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in daily activities. Must be subject matter expert (SME) in multiple areas of responsibility. Initiates process improvements, SOP changes, change controls and deviations as necessary. Participates on teams to improve quality and efficiency of operations.
- Responsible for shipment of hazardous materials and samples. Responsible for receiving GMP and non-GMP materials. Utilizes SAP to record all receipts.
- Responsible for performance of quality inspections of incoming GMP materials. Provides leadership, training and oversight of same.
Picking and Delivery Process
- Responsible for picking, packing, loading and delivering GMP materials to regional clinical and commercial manufacturing facilities. Must be capable of writing bills of lading. Responsible for storage and handling of hazardous materials. Utilizes material handling equipment, including forklifts.
Storage, Handling and Shipment of Bulk Drug Substance (BDS)
- Responsible for pressure monitoring, storage and shipment of tanks and bags containing BDS. Includes execution of highly proceduralized handling and shipping processes.
- Responsible for inventory control, including batch segregation, control of cell bank inventories and cycle counting. Processes returns, rejections and destruction of materials. Monitors material control in all storage areas, including inventory accuracy and storage condition.
- Responsible for warehouse maintenance activities, including fleet maintenance, equipment maintenance and procurement of equipment and materials. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining material storage and handling equipment, including temperature monitoring devices and forklifts. Schedules annual DOT inspections, including DOT recertifications.
Responsible for delegating some work assignments to other team members.
Will be called upon to supervise team members at the discretion of the Supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Principles of cGMPs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Driver license required. D.O.T. certification and forklift certification a plus.
Ability to prioritize work requirements, must be well organized and able to manage time efficiently, and must have a strong sense of responsibility.
Experience using Microsoft Outlook, EXCEL and Word a plus. Experience using SAP a plus.
High school diploma, some college course work in Business, Life sciences.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Class C commercial driver license (CDL) with hazmat endorsement required. Training and certification in shipment of hazardous materials and forklift operation required.
5-7 years warehouse or supply chain logistics. Familiarly with inventory control systems and computer office programs.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.