Marriott Performance Development Manager (PDM) - DC Metro and NOVA Market in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Number 18001TYD
Job Category Human Resources
Location MidAtlantic Regl Office, Gaithersburg, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Specializes in performance development and learning delivery of brand and service-related topics to support the hotels in a designated region. Plans and executes key learning delivery and leadership development activities. Facilitates and/or delivers specified on-property training, including core required training and brand training for hourly associates, supervisors and leaders. Is the subject matter expert on brand and leadership development tools and resources, educating all leaders in their resources and assisting in their development as requested/appropriate.
Monitors compliance of all required training, including training programs for new hires, brand training initiatives, and working directly with HR and Operations Leaders to drive compliance for all required training. Verifies programs/processes are effectively implemented to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in hotel operations or a related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major.
• Prior work experience in hotel-based hourly Generalist role or Human Resources Manager role.
• Prior work experience in hotel operations leadership role.
• Multi-lingual experience.
• TC2 Certified (Marriott) or adult learning/platform skills certification (external).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Learning Delivery & Compliance
• Specializes in performance development and learning delivery of brand and service-related topics to support the hotels in a designated region.
• Facilitates and/or delivers specified on-property training, including core required training and brand training for hourly associates, supervisors and leaders.
• Demonstrates mastery of brand acumen for each brand supported by understanding brand pillars, modeling the behavior and holding others accountable.
• Verifies that management and non-management training programs are conducted in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Coordinates required training programs, including identification of participants and periodic follow-up for completing, when appropriate.
• Verifies programs/processes are effectively implemented to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives.
• Delivers training to promote transfer of knowledge according to program learning objectives.
• Thoroughly prepares for each learning event and demonstrates a mastery of content knowledge.
• Creates an environment that enables maximum learning by employing adult learning principles.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the uniqueness of each audience, including adjusting delivery to the various learning styles represented, as well as for any special needs that could affect the learning.
• Conducts self in a manner reflective of Marriott professionalism and decorum before, during and after the learning event.
• Demonstrates overall control of the learning environment, including effectively leading the learning activities, giving directions, utilizing the experiential learning cycle, addressing classroom behavioral issues, etc. as appropriate.
• Demonstrates mastery of training technology and best practice facilitation methods to maintain quality standards for all mediums of training delivery.
• Monitors compliance of all required training, including training programs for new hires, brand training initiatives, and works directly with HR and Operations Leaders to drive compliance for all required training.
• Monitors compliance of required management and non-management training programs by using myLearning and Reports & Analytics tools.
• Utilizes myLearning to appropriately/accurately record all learning. Verifies accurate training records with data entry in a timely manner.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for the Leadership Learning Guide and other leadership related tools/resources; educates all end users and assists with Performance Development Plans as appropriate.
• Assists HR Leaders in driving Management Development & Readiness Process (MDRP) activities for the region.
• Plays an active role in Voyager programs to verify new leaders are fully engaged with the program, receive proper coaching and required training.
• Engages in property-related problem resolution and performance issue management.
• Consults with hotel and department leaders to understand the challenges and deliver learning solutions against those challenges.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with stakeholders to promote learning and verify stakeholders are aligned with learning priorities.
• Partners with General Managers, HR Leaders and Operations Leaders to confirm learning is focused on goal accomplishment and ultimately balanced scorecard improvement.
• Keeps all stakeholders aligned with learning objectives and learning delivery across the supported hotels.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.