Universities Space Research Association Visiting Associate Multimedia Specialist (Earth Science Multimedia Fellowship) in Greenbelt, Maryland
The Earth Science Multimedia Fellowship is a yearlong program designed for emerging producers wishing to explore the intersection of broadcast journalism, science storytelling, social media, and Earth and Climate science. The program is aimed at recent graduates and graduate students interested in creating visually compelling video and multimedia content for NASA's Earth Science missions. Fellows will be assigned a producer mentor and will have the opportunity to work with an outstanding team of data visualizers, animators, science writers, social media mavens, producers and researchers during their year.
- The fellow will create engaging short videos on a wide variety of Earth Science topics for distribution on NASA's popular social media channels, NASA.gov, and online archives.
- The fellow will participate in all phases of the video production process, with emphasis on video editing and script writing.
- The fellow will create content intended for use by a wide range of audiences: news media, science bloggers, documentary producers, science centers, educators, park rangers, and the general public.
- Other job related duties as assigned
Must have a bachelor's degree, preferably in a science, video, film making, or journalism related field
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro
- Strong writing skills and creative approach to storytelling
- Excellent organization and time management skills to produce projects swiftly, accurately, and to high journalistic standards
- Submit a resume, links to at least three (3) clips, and a short personal statement on why you would like to work on NASA Earth Science stories. Please include two (2) pitches for stories you would like to make during your fellowship.
- Please combine your materials into a single PDF document. It is helpful if you put your name and "multimedia" in the title of the PDF (e.g. JSmithMultimedia)
- Application deadline is November 12, 2018
- Interviews will take place late November 2018.
- Start date will be in early January 2019
Applicants should apply to the posting at https://usracareers.silkroad.com/ and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Additional information on USRA can be found at www.usra.edu.
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tracking Code: 816-200
Job Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular