Oceaneering Security Officer in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Security Officer is responsible for all functions associated with the role of site security, including but not limited to personnel, physical, operations, and communications security disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the positive control of all classified accountable items, ensuring that Oceaneering is compliant with contractual security obligations identified in the contract security classification specification (DD Form 254).
- Provide oversight and guidance to the assigned workforce.
- Coordinate with contract field locations as applicable.
- Participate in facility security audits as required.
- Maintain general security education in the following areas: foreign travel, defensive security, courier briefings and other ongoing training as needed.
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Maintain DD Form 254 files for all classified contracts and prepares DD Form 254 for subcontractors as required.
- Facilitate personnel requests for security clearance and support the acquisition process as needed.
- Process all incoming and outgoing visitor clearance/access certifications for both collateral and program cleared visitors.
- Ensure compliance with information systems security requirements.
- Advise Oceaneering Management on implementation of physical security measures required to safeguard personnel and prevent unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, and materials.
- Provide secure movement of official classified or unclassified contract materials. Track and maintain the chain of custody on all accountable packages, parcels, and equipment being transported in support of contract requirements.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 25%).
- BS/BA degree in a related field (e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminal Law, Homeland Security, Business Administration) preferred. Equivalent work experience in a related career or Military Occupational Specialty may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum two years of security officer experience required.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. RMF Training beneficial.
- Working knowledge and experience implementing:
- Department of Defense (DoD) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Relevant Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)
- DoD 5105.21-M-1
- Communications Security (COMSEC) NSA 3-16 policy & EKMS 1B
- DoDM 5205.07 Volume 1-4
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Technical writing skills.
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance with investigation conducted within the past five years.
- Successful completion of a CI polygraph to support contract requirements as needed.
- Current U.S. passport.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 13216
Full/Part Time: Full-Time