Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Program Analyst Jr. in PATUXENT RIVER, Maryland
Program Analyst Jr.
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
PROGRAM ANALYST (PAX-18-1591-F)
Bowhead seeks a dynamic and task oriented Junior Program Analyst to support PMA-263 Small Tactical Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) on NAS Patuxent River, MD. The Junior Program Analyst will provide operations and administrative support to the PMA-263 Program Office.
Essential functions will include, but not be limited to:
• Providing program analysis support and must possess knowledge of major DoD system acquisitions.
• Utilizing the Program Management Tool (PMT) to support the planning and execution of acquisition efforts.
• May be asked to input and update funding in the Common Spend Plan Tool (CSPT).
• Collecting, completing, and organizing technical data.
• Responsible for greeting and directing visitors as well as ensuring visitors meet security requirements by maintaining proper check-in procedures and issuing visitor badges and entry into logbook. Will verify in the DoD security system verifying (BASICS II)
and JPAS the visitors meet these requirements before issuing the visitor a badge.
• Answering incoming telephone calls to the front desk for the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager and direct them to the appropriate party.
• Collecting data to help build programmatic schedules, developing analytical products, and help track team activities.
• Providing meeting support including taking minutes and high-level brief preparation to include set up of dial in and other audio and visual equipment as required.
• Assisting in maintaining and organizing the PMA-263 NSERC site.
• Scheduling, processing, and tracking travel orders/vouchers through Defense Travel System (DTS).
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is desired however a High School diploma or equivalent PLUS at least six (6+) years of relevant experience is allowed.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Program Analyst tasks indicated above is required in addition to knowledge of major DoD system acquisitions.
• Prior experience supporting a NAVAIR Program Office is preferred.
• Experience utilizing Program Management Tool (PMT) and knowledge of Common Spend Plan Tool (CSPT) is preferred.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work well within a fast paced team.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41