Pep Boys General Distribution Team Member in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Auto Plus SM is a U.S.-based leading automotive aftermarket company with over 3,500 employees in over 270 locations throughout the country. On February 4, 2016, Icahn Enterprises L.P. acquired The Pep Boys -- Manny, Moe & Jack with the intent to combine the operations of Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been a leading automotive aftermarket chain. With over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys offers name-brand tires; automotive maintenance and repair; parts and expert advice for the Do-It Yourselfer; commercial auto parts delivery; and fleet maintenance and repair. Combined, Auto Plus and Pep Boys (the "Company") have approximately 23,000 employees in over 1,000 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and $3 billion in annual sales.
Ensure inventory accuracy and integrity by carefully checking in returned goods from customers, completing proper computer processing or paperwork, and stocking or storing as appropriate. Checks to make sure all shelves are stocked correctly and to carefully inspects all parts for missing parts and used parts in the box. Pull and ship the correct parts to our customers Checks each bin in the warehouse with HL counts created at the beginning of the year and records all adjustments to the inventory. Unloads the trucks when the drivers get back in the morning and sorts through all the totes and coffins the driver brings back and locates paperwork for the office to key and then the returns department process all the returns and stages on the floor for the stockers and pullers to return the merchandise back on the shelf for resale. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1 year experience in logistics, warehousing or similar.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Hazmat and/or Forklift certification preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for climbing, balancing, reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds for Administrative or Maintenance Operations.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reporting: General Manager
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend
Type of Store: Distribution Center
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 18070
Location Name: AP MD NED-Washington-18070