Mattress Firm Porter (Westminster) in Westminster, Maryland
Every day, Mattress Firm wakes up to the opportunity to improve the lives of our community and team members through our business. And each night, Mattress Firm goes to sleep a better place to work because of the individual contributions of our passionate team members, supported by our strong commitment to Improving You, both professionally and personally.
Ready to find your dream job?
The individual in this position is responsible for assisting in store execution and customer service.
Key Responsibilities Store Execution
• Ensures cleanliness of bathrooms, sales floor, and windows through dusting, mopping, sweeping, and washing
• Keeps pillows and Protect-A-Beds stocked and organized
• Assists with displaying advertisements
• Maintains and organizes clearance center(s) and/or store(s)
• Performs general facilities maintenance
• Unloads transfers
• Ensures transfers are placed in their designated area with proper bagging
• Travels to other stores/clearance centers as needed
Key Responsibilities Customer Service
• Ensures customers greeted in a timely manner
• Assists with answering phone as needed
• Loads customer merchandise and secures merchandise if desired
• Cleanliness of the store
• Organization of the clearance center
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED), three months or more related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and interpret planograms, documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Now don’t fall asleep out there… the sooner that we receive your application, the closer you are to the career of your dreams!
To improve lives one relationship at a time.
About Mattress Firm
In 1986, three incredible individuals came together over borrowed pool furniture with an idea – a vision to create an unsurpassed guest experience that would revolutionize the bedding industry. That same year, their vision became a reality with the opening of the first store in Houston, Texas on July 4th and remains true to this day.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Mattress Firm, has since transformed to 3500+ store locations and 11,000+ team members. Together, we seek to improve lives one relationship at a time – with Integrity, Service and Passion guiding the way.